Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday, April 21--9:30pm

Robert Lee walked into Cody's room this evening and said hi to Cody and Cody reached his arm out to give him a hug! Cody has amazing friends. They have been here through it all. Even if they can't be here physically they make sure Cody knows they are thinking of him. This evening before we went to dinner the nurse asked Cody to raise his right arm, left arm, left leg, right leg. He did them all! She asked him to hold up 2 fingers. And he did!!! These are all amazing things to us! We laughed today saying that it's like watching your baby do these things for the first time!

He's very restless right now. And has been most of the day. He won't rest and sleep. If Mom, Dad, Vanessa, Jessi, or I are in the room with him he's much better. He pulled his feeding tube out while we were out to dinner.

They are talking like they are going to put him in a room on the west end of the 9th floor. Each day is a day of new beginnings for Cody. And it's exciting to watch him do the things he does, like swallowing and blowing his nose to simply giving me a kiss goodnight. Those are moments that I will forever cheris. I will never let a day go by that I don't tell my loved ones that I love them. Life is so much more precious to me now.

Our Lord is amazing! Please continue to pray for Cody's brain to heal completely. As I'm finishing up this blog update, Ady and Reese have just been bathed and are playing in the hotel room. Ady is singing "Jesus Loves Me" and Reese is clapping for her. How fitting!

2 comments:

  1. My five year old Bethany is praying for Cody in her prayer every morning & every night. She will be so encouraged in her faith to hear what miracles God is doing. Thank you for keeping this blog. It's a real blessing to share in God's answers. May God continue to bless you all with his strength. We may be in England but we talk to the same almighty God. Praise His wonderful name! From The Booley family in Bordon, Hampshire, UK xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only met Cody briefly but my son (Preston Doughty) graduated with Cody from O.S.U. in August. I can not express how my heart goes out to Cody and your family.

    Preston has kept me posted on Cody regularly. My prayers have been with each of you and will continue to be.

    It is such a blessing to see that God placed Cody in a family of faith and is doing a work here.

    As we continue to pray for Cody's healing and your family strength, we will continue to see God's glorious work.

    God Bless,
    Tonia Carter

    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

    ReplyDelete