Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday, April 26, 9:00pm

Not much of an update this evening. Cody will be moved down to either the 3rd floor or the 6th floor to Jim Thorpe Rehab in the morning. Depending on open beds, Cody's nurse wants to do it as soon as possible to get Cody going! He's so ready to get out of the hospital! He's been awake and remembering things for about 3 days now and is already getting cabin fever. I couldn't imagine what he'd be like if he would have been awake for his whole stay!

Cody memory and vision get better each day. Cody remembers Easter and so far that has been the latest thing he remembers. Which was the weekend before the accident. His short term memory is still poor, but improving slightly. I think I've told him every day that Dez Bryant is still a Cowboy and he gets just as excited each time!!!!

We don't know what the next few days hold for us here. Cody will not be able to have the visitors like he's been getting. They want to work him hard and then let him rest. I, Jennifer, will be in with Cody during Rehab since I have a therapy background and I will most likely be Cody's primary caregiver while at home before he returns to work. When we know more of what's going on I will post on here and let everyone know.

1 comment:

  1. I have been following Cody's story since I first found out about it through Krista's Facebook page (I went to school with her in Wakita). This is truely an inspiring story and a powerful testiment to God's power. My wife and I live close to where Cody is staying and would like to offer anything that we can do to make his and the family's stay more comfortable. Please contact me if there is ANYTHING that we can do 405-412-3216.

    God Bless
    Cullen and RyLan Brown

    ReplyDelete