Wednesday, April 14, 2010

2:40 Update

Temp is 94.7. Blood work came back good. Once again Cody is breathing over his ventilator. His breaths need to be around 10. He gets worked up and his breaths will get up to 15. Mom got him to calm down and get his breaths down to 12 from 15. It seems he does it when you first come in his room and start talking to him. My heart smiles at that because it gives me hope that there will not be as bad of brain damage as expected. But I know he still needs to be as sedated as possible because it's too early still for him to be awake. Every hour is critical and counts big. We have each dozed off for a little bit at some point. This floor sure is hard! I know I'm giving good news but don't stop praying just yet. We still have no idea what's going on with his heart or brain. Only time will tell. Meanwhile, we have been finding much comfort in the Bible. I love it when I open the book and God gives me what I need to hear. I have an Iphone and have a Bible app on it. Jessi has been looking through there and some really good verses have all but jumped off the page at us. Please keep praying...please keep praying...please keep praying.

"Yet Man is born to trouble as surely as sparks fly upward" Job 5:7
How ironic is this?!?! This is what I mean by scriptures jumping out at us!

No comments:

Post a Comment