Saturday, April 17, 2010

Praise him praise him

Hello precious friends this is Alicia , Cody's mom. We have had some very encouraging news today. I want each and every one of you to take a moment and Praise our savior for the miracle we are witnessing, and believe me believers it is amazing. The lord is definitly in our presence. The family in the waiting room across the hall are amazed by our belief in God, Cody's nurses are so inspired by us, but we know it's not us but God!!!! he is everywhere. It is such a comfort to just see his eye's, it is like whn he was born and seeing him for the first time, oh how my heart soared. Please please please don't let up on those prayers because they are working we see them but for as excited as we are, Cody still has a very very long way to go. I wish each of you could see this young man fight, It is soooo inspiring. People are asking how I'm doing and please know that I am doing ok, terrified but ok. Everytime we step out to get air and my phone rings this unbelievable terror grips me.Will it ever stop???? I'm not thinking so. I'll try to describe what we are experiencing when we see him. Every 2 hours, thats when they turn him and do what they need to him and we get to touch and talk to him them, I told him if he didn't wake up soon he was going to be bald headed, he likes his head rubbed so I do it everytime i see him, the nurse then will ask him to squeeze her hand or asks him to wiggle his toes, HE DOES it is the most amazing sight, we are witnessing a miracle a true testamonial to Gods amazing grace. we usually get a few more minutes when they are finished with their assessments and we reassure him that we are there and that he was in an accident and in a hospital. He has such a scared look on his face , it breaks my heart that I can't just make this easier for him.ALL IN GODS TIME is our slogan here. OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD HE REIGNS FROM HEAVEN ABOVE, that song keeps playing in my head today. I awoke at 3:30 this morning with the hymn PRAISE HIM PRAISE HIM in my head so I immediately began to thank God for the works we have witnessed and then began to give him list # 2 L et cody grow stronger, put a healing hand on his brain, and calm him in his wakeful moments, please give strength to the soooooo very people who are praying for him , they are truelly your children LORD . It's almost time to see Cody so will close for now. We love each and everyone of you , some we know some we don't and wish we did, Hugs to everyone.

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy for u all! That is awesome! Tonight at church I am adding cody to our weekly prayer chain. We are rooting for all of u! Haleluiah! God is an awesome god!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gonna think I'm a fruitcake! I have hummed that song "Praise Him Praise Him" all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply AMAZING!! I do not know Cody personally, but i am truely inspired by his story. God is AWESOME! This quote got me throught my daughters open heart surgeries...."
    If God Brought You To It, HE Will Bring you Through it" My mother works with Cody's Aunt Kim at the Enid Walmart. Hang in there Cody, so many ppl are praying for you! Dont stop fighting, YOU ARE A MIRACLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD,HE REIGNS FROM HEAVEN ABOVE, WITH WISDOM POWER AND LOVE OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!! Thinking of you Alicia...
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of people are pulling for you young man.I dont personally know Cody,but I did race with Chris for a lot of years.My name is Kelly Choate and my wife and I are sending all our prayers

    ReplyDelete