Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Today was a busy day! Cody's benefit was this afternoon. They had a spaghetti dinner with every kind of pie you could think of! They also had a silent auction with various items and also auctioned off some other pies the ladies of the community made. I know they did this for our family to help with the expenses that are adding up from all the meals, hotel stays, and traveling we are doing. But not one time did money cross my mind while we were there. I could not get over the amount of people that came to show their support. I think I heard that around 315 people came and ate! That is absolutely amazing! That means that there have been that many prayers and more said for Cody! We got to talk with some wonderful friends who have been praying and thinking about us this whole time but haven't gotten a chance to come to the city to see Cody. We also got to listen to Lockers in the Hall play. They are a local christian group from here. Two of the boys go to the same church we do. They are amazing kids with awesome talent! Jessi videotaped the benefit so Cody can see just how awesome today was.

I knew Medford loved Cody but today really showed just how much. I wish I could have given every single person there a hug and thank them for coming but that didn't happen. So if you are reading this and I didn't get to thank you, please know that we do!

After the benefit we all drove down to the city and took Cody to eat at Ted's Mexican! Cody's favorite! It was so nice to eat together again as a family like we do so many Sunday afternoons before Cody heads back to work. After we ate we went to a small pond near the hospital. We fed the geese and perch and sat around and enjoyed the beautiful weather. This pond is where some of us went the Thursday we got the neurosurgeons opinion on Cody. We went to clear our minds and let Ady feed the geese. We cried and we laughed! Walking up to it today I had bittersweet emotions but no tears this time. I will never forget that day and often replay it in my mind. But today walking up there with Cody by our side was a whole different feeling. We have our outdoor loving Bubba back! He doesn't think he went far but he'll never know or understand what we went through. And I never want him to.

Cody has been doing more and more each day. He says he's sore! He did some balance excercises on a ball and has been doing some strength training. His voice is still hoarse. For those that haven't seen Cody lately I tell you who he sounds like....have you ever seen The Godfather? Cody sounds like Don Corleone!!!! Mike and Cody are loving it!!!! They both love that movie!

Please continue to pray that Cody's speech, balance, and brain continue to improve.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like your afternoon with Cody was perfect. I am so glad you were able to have true family time. It was so good to see you all at the dinner. Thanks to Jennifer and Alicia for sharing with us. It was very emotional but I appreciated it and I'm sure everyone else did too. I'm glad Jessi filmed so much...that will be fun to watch over and over. Medford amazed me..what a great turnout! Lovin' all this good news..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear there was a good turn out! Kahl and I so wished we could have attended but with 4 small children, work and school there was just no way we could have made the drive! Please let Cody know we think and pray for him daily!! He is such an amazing person with an amazing story! Thank you for this blog page so the ones that can not make the trip are able to stay up to date with how he is doing!!!
    Heather and Kahl

    ReplyDelete